Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back from Vegas...

Well Vegas was siiiick... the food was good and so was the gambling.. spent a decent amount of time at the Bellagio eating my way through a buffet and leveling people who overbet air through three streets on the tables... good times :)

Coming back from Vegas after taking some time away from the game/coaching/staking has been nice, pretty refreshed to put in volume and continue chipping away at working on how I handle bad beats and my emotional response to situations that I don't really think should generate one... I think a lot of people focus on the mechanics of the game like its all there is to it, overlooking the mentality and control it takes to beat the game as well. There is so much more to poker than when to 3 and 4 bet light, when to double barrel, most importantly in my opinion is the ability to honestly evaluate where you are and what you need to improve on, and using the tools you have available to you to the best of your ability. Everyone I coach, and most people I come into contact with talk about wanting to make more money, become a better player or individual, and in general step closer to the ideal they consider success, but 99% of the time its the same outcome, nothing... and they're telling me the same bull shit story the next week while they pay me $100/hr to listen... sounds like failing to me, but meh what do I know..?

No comments:

Post a Comment