Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Coming back...

Been awhile since my last blog post, which is good and bad.. The reason I haven't been updating is because I've been Florida, and for 9 days have been unable to grind on Pokerstars, nothing compared to what a ton of players have gone through, but still a pain in the ass... Anyway, being away from the game has felt really good and spending time with my siblings/parents has been refreshing - I've been spending a lot of my nights studying, and feel like I've improved a lot more being forced to take a week off than I would had I remained where I was and continued grinding... Oftentimes its exceptionally difficult to objectively approach something while we are involved with it - I.e. studying effectively can be challenging when we're in the middle of running good or bad, because our emotions will either be hot or cold due to the result of the day, and we may or may not rationalize plays that should or shouldn't be rationalized... But when we really step away from what we're doing, to the point that we have almost no connection at all (Not playing) there is no result to distort our perception and we can truly and effectively study.

I'll be back to the tables on either the 24th or the 25th, depending on whether I take Sunday off after travelling all day.. Looking forward to grinding, although I'll definitely miss the family and the vacation....

Good luck to those grinding while I'm away!

No comments:

Post a Comment