Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

I don't plan on stoppin at all...!!!

It's been awhile since my last update, and in general that is always due to my luck on the tables being about as negative as can be... Whenever I'm losing, I allow all my motivation to get sapped... I'll stop going to the gym, I'll stop going for walks, I'll stop eating (this one sounds ridiculous but its probably my biggest problem as it's really easy for me to wake up, skip breakfast, start grinding, and not stop until I'm 6-8 hours in) I try to keep some sort of snack, peanuts/almonds/etc on the desk because this habit is very difficult for me to break if I know someone owes me 10k and are supposed to be sending it in the morning... (This happens more than you think, and after it happens 5 days in a row BOOM! Its starting to become a habit again...) Sooooooooo in order to combat this absurd negative life ev trend, I've decided to block my stats.. Some people think I give a shit about the fact that I lost some money this year, and that the reason I'm blocking my stats is to dodge or hide, I know people think this because if this is you reading, your'e an asshole for telling me that :) Beyond that I have no problem letting people know that this year hasn't gone well in terms of my own action, and that I was stuck between 5 and 25k for just about the entire year :). I recently binked the Big 162 for 18.5k, which definitely helped curb the swing I was on, but I'm still way behind my own expectations monetarily... Being 100% honest, I'm not sure if I'm still stuck money for the year, (pre-rakeback) and I'm not sure if I'm up, and to be honest it doesn't matter. I have more than enough money in the bank to pay my bills for the rest of the year if I don't win a nickle, and I have more than enough in my Stars account to pay my bills for the rest of next year as long as I don't completely bust it.... Soooo there really isn't a reason to let what happens on the tables affect my mood, at all.. And the easiest way to do that is to simply not know whether or not I win or lose... I'm not sure if this is an option for everyone, as most players need to know if they're winning or losing as it will ultimately dictate a good portion of their game selection, but I'm fortunate to be in a position where that isn't the case for me and I can simply play... In addition to all this I'm positive I'm running below expectation, and it doesn't help that I lost about 15k playing 1k and 2k 6m SNG's this year. Now that that part is out of the way and you guys know my stats are blocked, I'd like to update a bit on what the near future plans are... May 15th I'm going to be headed to Ireland, I won't be back until the 25th which happens to actually be more inconvenient than I originally thought, as I'll be missing a live series here in Vancouver which seems to have a ton of value - But on a side note, I don't how soft it will be with this city teeming with grinders who have relocated. Before Ireland, and perhaps even while I'm there SCOOP will be going on, and I intend to play a relatively demanding schedule with lots of NLHE/PLO/Razz events occupying my time, and aside from those grinding other MTT's and SNG's. I stake a lot of players who will be attending the UKIPT Dublin event, and I'm looking forward to meeting all those guys in addition to $indabank111 - One of my horses who will be coming with me/Frenzuh/Mazurite (aka Nick/Brandon). After Ireland, it will depend on my bankroll/life roll - If I'm doing well and SCOOP doesn't break me (Including the stable and myself it will be possible for me to have a 6 figure swing in either direction) then I'm pretty confident I'll attend the WSOP Main event in Vegas for 10 days or so and catch up with some friends and meet some guys I've spent a lot of time talking with. If it does hammer me the way it definitely could, then I'm fairly confident I'll sit Vegas out... SNE seems to be almost out of the question, (250k VPPs) but stranger things have happened, and I may wind up putting in the volume I need to get it done. Other than that I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing, grind a ton and make more money than I deserve :) Good luck to everyone, hope you're doing well and table selecting!!!!

1 comment:

  1. From my experience playing while being hungry does not have a good effect at all on your profit.

    ReplyDelete